WELCOME TO KON-TIKI MEDICAL CENTRE
Kon Tiki Medical Centre believes that a general practice is the cornerstone of the Australian health system, and recognises that quality primary care is a major determinant of the health of a society. We acknowledge the challenges faced by the community. We will use our skills and resources to enhance the work and lives of patients and our staff. We believe in evidence-based care, which will help make the system stronger, allow for high value care for patients, and emphasise the value and role of general practitioners in the community.
We recognise the significant pressures on the health system, including an increase in and growing burden of chronic disease, an ageing population, and growing demand for high-cost, high-tech services and breakthrough medicines. Therefore, our focus is your health.
Kon Tiki Medical Centre covers all the aspects of General Medicine from the routine to the complex at all stages throughout your life.
- Chronic conditions such diabetes and heart conditions and chronic pulmonary disease
- Child health
- Acute serious illness and trauma such as accidents and injury
- Dermatology disorders that affect the skin, nails and hair
- Drug and alcohol problems
- Eye and ear health
- Musculoskeletal medicine such as back pain, arthritis, osteoarthritis and broken bones
- Occupational medicine
- Testing and follow up treatment for various cancers
- Palliative care
- Pain management
- Sports injury
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Preventive tests such as pap smears and tests for skin cancer and other cancers
- Nutrition, diet and exercise
- Mental health
- Common colds, flus, infections and viruses
- General health check-ups including testing for diabetes and checking blood pressure and cholesterol
- Referrals to other specialist doctors if required
- Chronic disease management plan and tertiary care plan