Sunshine Coast General Practitioners
Are you looking for general practitioners in Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast? At Kon-Tiki Medical Centre, our team of doctors and allied health professionals will coordinate your healthcare and help you achieve and maintain optimum health.
Our General Practitioners on the Sunshine Coast
Our general practitioners and allied health professionals proactively work towards delivering quality primary care services.
At Kon-Tiki, our Maroochydore medical centre doctors and allied health professionals work hand in hand to provide you with the care best suited to your specific needs and requirements. We cover all aspects of general medicine, including:
- Chronic conditions (e.g. Diabetes, heart conditions, chronic pulmonary disease)
- Child health
- Acute serious illness and trauma (e.g. accidents and injuries)
- Dermatology disorders that affect the skin, nails and hair
- Drug and alcohol problems
- Eye and ear health
- Musculoskeletal medicine and injections (e.g. back pain, arthritis, osteoarthritis and broken bones)
- Occupational medicine
- Iron Infusion
- Testing and follow-up treatment for various cancers
- Palliative care
- Pain management
- Sports injury
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Preventive tests (e.g. pap smears/Thinprep CST and tests for skin cancer and other cancers)
- Nutrition, diet, and exercise
- Mental health
- Common colds, cases of flu, infections, and viruses
- General health check-ups including testing for diabetes and checking blood pressure and cholesterol
- Referrals to other specialist doctors (if required)
- Spider vein and superfici varicose veins treatment
Read on our website kontikimedical.com.au to get to know each of our general practitioners and our services to know how we can help better!
DR ZOWIE BAILEY
DR MARIA AVELINO
DR JOHN VALDIVIA PENAGOS
John graduated from medical school in Colombia in 1996. He moved to Australia in 2002, and worked in multiple roles at The Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane, including 3 years as an Emergency Registrar before making a sea change to the Sunshine Coast in 2012.
John speaks fluent Spanish.
John enjoys being outdoors, and he is a keen kayak fisherman.
- Implanon insertion & removal
- Minor surgical procedures, including nail wedge resections, skin excisions, cyst excisions
- Family medicine
- Iron infusions
- Skin Checks
- Men’s Health
- Chronic disease management
DR TIM KENNY
FRACGP, MBBS, MRCGP, FACRRM, DCH
DR RODNEY MATISONN
MBChB South Africa
Our Allied Health
Our Allied Health includes wide range of Facilities from:
Facilitating hearing tests on site from Kon-Tiki rooms.
For all bookings, tests, updates and questions about Attune's services - phone 1300 784 322
David Franklin (APD and CDE)
BSc, BNutrDiet and GCertDiabEd
Dr Dhara Contractor
(MD with Honours)
Dr Dhara Contractor is a highly trained physician (MD) and proud founder and director of the Kon-Tiki Medical Centre. Over her 16 years of experience, she has confidently trained in large multidisciplinary hospitals and worked towards collecting medical experience from Russia, England, India and Australia.
Dhara has been serving the community of the Sunshine Coast for the last 10 years. She is devoted in providing the highest quality care for her patients, with wide interests in many areas of General Practice which includes skin checks, minor surgical procedures, skin cancer removals, women’s and children health, antenatal (pregnancy) care, men’s health, acute injuries/ illness management. Dhara works in partnership with the patients to empower them with the knowledge to make informed choices as per evidence-based medicine, for their chronic disease management and preventative care.
To place firm evidence based medical care for her patients, Dhara has further completed education, workshops and courses to expand her knowledge and skills which includes CCrISP( Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patients, Brisbane), ASE( Anatomy of Surgical Exposure, Cairns), DCH( Diploma of Child Health, Sydney),
CPC( Clinical Prioritisation Criteria’s for QLD health SCHHS for Paediatrics and Rheumatology), Ultrasound for medical and surgical procedures( varicose veins lower limbs and musculoskeletal injections, Melbourne). She previously held title’s of Associate Lecturer in the University of Queensland and membership to the ACAM(Australian College of Aesthetic Medicine).
Dhara continually pursuits towards creating solutions for better healthcare in our communities and she ensures that the best possible outcomes for the patients can be achieved along with multidisciplinary approached care. New patients and families are welcomed.